Your privacy is important to us
What your personal information is
“Personal information” is information about you or an opinion about you that identifies you or allows you to be readily identified from the information. It includes information such as your name, address, telephone, email, date of birth, financial or credit card information, account / bank details, marital status, health and medical information, job description, business description, expertise, interests, photos and photographic information, videos, opinions about you, your opinions and any other information which may assist us in conducting our business.Information or opinions are not personal information where they cannot be linked to a particular individual.Where possible, we will only collect the personal information required to provide the Formaliti System and services to you.
Who will collect your personal information?
Your personal information will be collected by us via the Site (including within the Formaliti System), telephone contact, by Formaliti staff personally, and via input and management within our Site. In certain circumstances we may be provided with personal information from third parties.
Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- when you make an enquiry via the Site;
- when you send correspondence to us, for example emails, letters, or requests for demonstrations;
- in order to validate your identity;
- when you provide personal information to us.
We may use financial information (including credit card information) that you provide to us:
- to determine the accuracy of your details, for example your name, address, and other personal information;
- to bill you for fees that are due to us.
We also collect information about you that is not personal information. For example, we may collect information from you in response to a survey, promotion or competition. We generally use this information to analyse trends, administer our services, and target and improve the quality of our services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information, the APPs are not applicable and we may use this information for any purpose. It is important to us to provide certain security features through the sending and signing of forms in the Formaliti System. Therefore we may use third party tracking-utility partners to track certain information through log files, for example IP addresses, email addresses, and other personal information. We take reasonable steps to use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected. The primary purpose for which the information is collected varies, depending on the particular product or service being provided. Personal information may also be used or disclosure by us for secondary purposes which are within your reasonable expectations and related to the primary purpose of collection. Otherwise, we will only disclosure personal information to third parties with your consent or if the disclosure is permitted by the Act. In addition we are permitted by law to pass on certain information including your name and address (without prior permission) to third parties that provide services or functions on our behalf, and without limiting the foregoing you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to the following third parties:
- those engaged by us to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf, such as insurance agents and brokers, processing credit card information, mailouts, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- that sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- as part of any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Act).
Option not to provide personally identifiable information
Offers & marketing
We may use personal information for marketing reasons including to communicate with you about our seminars, events, products and services and those of our related businesses. You will be able to choose whether or not to receive such communications when you first provide personally identifiable information to us. We may also share non-personally identifiable information with others, such as advertisers, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you.
We may be required by law to disclose personal information you have provided in the belief or understanding that such disclosure is required by law or to comply with legal process served on us or to protect and defend our rights or interests or the interests of others.
The security and confidentiality of your personal information
Do we disclose information overseas?
We do disclose personal information to overseas agents, business partners or joint venture entities.
It is important to advise us of any changes to your personal information so that our records can be updated. We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up-to-date and complete. APP 12 of the Act allows you to get access to, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out below. APP 13 of the Act allows you to correct the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you are able to establish that personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. We will grant you access to your information as soon as possible, subject to the request circumstances. In keeping with our commitment to protect the privacy of personal information, we will not disclose personal information to you without proof of identity. We may deny access to personal information if:
- the request is impractical or unreasonable;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of another person;
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any person;
- providing access would compromise our professional obligations; or
- there are other legal grounds to deny the request.
We may charge a fee for reasonable costs incurred in responding to an access request. The fee (if any) will be disclosed prior to it being levied. You are able to get access to and correct the information that you have submitted via the Formaliti System through your Formaliti login which is handled and managed by you. If you wish to exercise your right of access and correction, please contact our office using the details provided below.
Policy changes and updates
In providing personal information to us and or in visiting the Site and or in using the Formaliti System, you:
If you do not agree, please do not use or access our Site, the Formaliti System, services or products.
Should you wish to contact us about your personal information, make changes or lodge a complaint, you should contact the Privacy Officer on: Email: email@example.com